Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Comfort at Burning Man

How can you have the best Burning Man crib when you're in a dome and not a camper?

It's essential that you're comfortable at Burning Man. For me, it's essential that I'm comfortable. It's hot, it's new, it's really fun, but it's also extremely physically demanding. There is no place where some self-care doesn't go a long, long way. So I'm thinking about doing a blog series about Burning Man comfort. The series will most definitely be updated, with the "Pimp Your Dome" entry being expanded and lavished with good ideas for months, hopefully. And, hopefully, I'll have some follow-through myself.

Last year, we had our clothes in giant tubs, which was a step up from our duffel bags from the year before, but which led to huge piles of dirty clothes mixed with clean, an inability to find anything, and general swampiness within the bins. The year before, our clothes were strewn around the dome (which was shared between three awesome folks), which was unmanageable. This year, I want something a little different.

Do you have any advice for a kick-ass dome?

- Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment